Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Entrepreneur and Investor vs. Employee

Employee, Self- Employed, Business Owner, or Investor… Which one are you?

Have you decided which one you are?

Well if you haven’t you should fast. For those who don’t know the difference between Employee, Self- Imploded, Business Owner, and Investor or have no clue what that are, let me give you the k.i.s.s. ( keep it short and simple) explanation.

Employee- you work for some one

Self- Employed-you work for yourself

Business Owner- Others work for you

Investor- your money works for you

Simply said? It’s actually easier read than doing. You have to be self-motivated to do what the big boys do. You actually have to kick your self in the ass and be a go-getter. You have to be a leader, a student and a teacher. What I want to instill in you is that you don’t have to be that employee any more. Honestly I love my dedicated employees; they are what keep my businesses going.

I know being an employee may seem easier because you don’t have a lot of responsibility. Climbing the corporate ladder isn’t all its cracked up to be. What about a down size? What if they don’t need you any more? What’s next? Being an employee is never safe if you ask me. A job is a temporary solution to a long-term problem.

I chose not to be an employee because I like spoiling myself. I like to stay up and wake up when I want to, Eat lunch when and where I want, travel whenever I want, etc. Imagine going to a beach for a weekend with you significant other at last minute because you want to. Sounds Good? You know that you will never get away with that at ABC’s company without putting in vacation time if you get that. What about giving yourself a raise because you want to? The list just keeps getting longer.

Figure out your passion and what you are good at doing. Your passion is something you would do for free. Remember money follows vision. Write a business plan. And go from there.

I love investing because you really just watch your bank account grow. Trust me it feels good to watch the accounts grow and grow! You can invest in Real Estate, other businesses, stocks, etc.

The day that you decide that you want to be in control of your destiny is the day you start controlling your destiny. When would now be the right time to do so and live life with ease? Good luck on your journey.

Nicole

No comments: